Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.― Mark Twain
When you feel shattered, disappointed, and lonely, run into books.
I can talk about books for the whole day. No one can stop me from discussing them. I am not exaggerating guys; believe me, I am in a relationship with them. Sometimes I read two books, one in the morning, which were non-fiction books, and one before bedtime, fiction books. I always prefer to read fictions books at night because it boosts my dopamine level, and I can sleep. I read non-fiction books in the morning that keeps me positive and motivated for the whole day.
Succeeding in your life, in your career, and in your job is not always about monetization. Of course, you need to earn enough one to pay your bills, spend it on yourself, to visit your favorite restaurant. Success also means having peace of mind, living a healthy life, being the best version of yourself, having loyal friends.
Reading books helped me shift my mindset. I fought my self-doubts, lower self-esteem, self-confidence, self-criticism by reading books. It was all about believing in yourself, building habits, connecting with the right kind of people, practicing gratitude, having a self-love attitude, practicing mindfulness.
Trust yourself and dive into the journey of self-growth. All the answers lie within yourself. All the disturbing questions will resolve when you read the books I am going to recommend. They are easy to understand, the tips are meaningful, and it’s worth reading them.
Please give yourself a chance, drop negative thoughts and makes these books your friends.
- Attitude is everything – I was facing a difficult time keeping a positive attitude, I came across this book. It is simple to read, easy to understand, thought-provoking. It tells you about the way you react to a situation. Think positive thoughts until it becomes a habit. Learn a lesson from setbacks and move on. There are two people in our lives: toxic people and nourishing people. Spend more time with people who bring happiness and nourishment and stay away from toxic people. Accept challenges; step out of your comfort zone.
- The Power of Subconscious Mind – Repetition can train your subconscious mind. When you use your natural ability to heal yourself instead of investing in self-doubt, you will rise above. Your fears stop you from becoming the best version of yourself. Listen to your thoughts, allow yourself to feel your emotions. Affirm your desired life, and believe me, no one can stop you.
- Man’s search for meaning – 3 famous quotes from this book
1. Sometimes the only way to survive is to surrender to death.
2. Your life has its meaning and, it’s up to you to find it.
3. Use paradoxical intention to make your fears go away.
Your life depends on your decisions and the way you react to situations. The book talks about logotherapy which helped the author survive.
- Think and Grow Rich: I can talk about this book every day. This book has magic. There are some steps you have to follow which will work wonders for you. At the end of the book, there are some self-analytical tests. The author has defined the six ghosts of fear. The author has provided the steps to overcome the fear to unleash the power you have within you.
- Life’s amazing secret – This book has some eminent life lessons narrated by monk Gaur Gopal Das. He has shared the story of a couple explaining the secrets lying in life. Using four wheels of the car, explaining the importance of each wheel, opens up our mind, awakening up spirituality and senses.
- The Monk who sold his Ferrari – I wish I had read this book in the early days of my college or when I started my career. It describes seven virtues required for a life of inner peace, joy, and a wealth of spiritual gifts. The author highlights that mistakes do not exist; they are lessons to learn. There are techniques shared to master your mind, to understand the purpose of life. There are rituals provided for radiant living. Also, the author explains serving others.
- Ikigai – This book is my favorite book. Each individual’s ikigai is personal to them and specific to their lives, values, and beliefs. It reflects the inner self of an individual and creates a mental state in which the individual feels at ease.
To find this reason or purpose, ask yourself these four questions:
- What do I love?
- What am I good at?
- What does the world need from me?
- What can I get paid for?
In simple language, the author has described that if you network with people if you live a healthy life and if you connect with nature you will live the best of life.
- How to win friends and influence people – It provides all the tips you’ll ever need to build strong personal and professional relationships.
Six Ways to Make People Like You
1. Become interested in other people.
3. Remember that a person’s name is, to that person, the sweetest and most important sound in any 4. language.
4. Be a good listener.
5. Talk to the other person’s interest.
6. Make the other person feel important – and do it.
If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person’s point of view and see things from that person’s angle as well as from your own.
- How to stop worrying and start living – In How to Stop Worrying and Start Living, Dale Carnegie suggests that we instead try to fight worry and rumination by changing our mental attitude. Instead of dwelling on thoughts of anger or revenge, he proposes that you spend your time focusing on happy, hopeful things. There are techniques provided to analyze worry. Praying can help us to articulate our worries, it provides a sense of not being alone in the world and it gives us the needed energy to take action. He has provided some advice for the readers:
- Rest before you get tired
- Learn to relax at work and home
- Apply good working habits and do the most important tasks first
- Put enthusiasm into your work
Conclusion: There are other plenty of books which might have helped but these are my favorites. Books have abundance of knowledge and timeless wisdom. If you are ready to implement and change your life.